Wednesday, May 23, 2001

What interesting names did you have for your genitals as a child?

This has been a long time coming. Sorry about that. Maybe some of you are glad though. The last FLASH QUIZ question asked was "What interesting names did you have for your genitals as a child?" The answers were of course, interesting. Here's the list broken down by gender.

Male:

• "Nuhonyas." Pronounced nuh-hon-yahs. I got hit in the crotch with a football and screamed, "My nuhonyas!" I don't know where the term came from.
• Never had a name…maybe now…I'll call him my beagle. I could take him for a walk
• My parent's gave me the book "Where Did I Come From" very early on, so I knew to say the word "penis". They were great parents that believed in comprehensive sexuality education.
• Dinky-hinkus
• I called mine meatball cocker
• The first name I remember was "pee-pee." Followed by "tollie". My personal favorites were "weasel" - "I need to drain my weasel," - "dipstick" and "chocolate-rod."
• Pee-pee
• birdy
• plantain, caterpiller or loach
• koochie-pop
• I can tell I am getting old. 1.) I can't remember, and 2.) I am offended by the question.
• ding-dong
• Uncle Ed
• TURTLE
• I had always been partial to Wiener. If I think of anything more creative from my past
• I'll let you know. I liked the Sat morn cartoons quiz better.
• I never got into nicknames for those areas. It's a thing not a person.
• Big Jim and the twins.
• Johnson of course


Female:

• I don't recall having a pet name for my genitalia growing up. I did hear a very cute example of what to call the area - "Princess" even though I don't use that reference myself.
• Just plain old cuchy.
• I don't remember there being any names for my bits and my Mom's bits but I remember that my Dad's penis was referred to as a "pee-pee pipe". Can't make that shit up.
• Doopey (rhymes with Snoopey)
• I know my mom (an OB-GYN nurse) tried to train me to say "labia" but I don't think I ever did. I did once babysit a little girl who announced one sunny Saturday morning that her brother had a penis and she had a "china", but I was never that inventive about it.
• I am however, most troubled when people refer to their vaginas as "bottoms" either to young children or not.
• Only proper terminology allowed for all body parts!! In fact, I wasn't even allowed to pee...only urinate.
• I'm chagrined to admit that my mom always called the vagina a "dinkus." Sad but true.
• I used to refer to my vagina as Zsa Zsell. The "Zs" sound is like Zsa Zsa Gabor. I wasn't sure exactly how to spell it, but I did the best I can. Interesting addition... My 3 year old niece refers to hers as her 'gina.
• My parents were of the "be literal, direct, and don't pussy-foot around" mode of sex education and they told me from the beginning that it was my own personal Venus Fly Trap, a snatch, a heater, a cooze, a fleshy garage for men to park the flesh bus... there were other terms, but I think the trauma of having parents who spoke so frankly caused me to block them out. BTW, I am glad that the Sopranos is bringing the word "cooze" into the common vernacular as that is probably my favorite word to use when speaking of my hoo-ha.
• No name as a child--but as an adult? Cleo (short for Cleopatra--the queen of course)! I am pretty sure that that name was the counter to the name of a male part--too bad I don't remember the details.
• Unfortunatly I did not have any cute names for my "snussy" when I was younger. My parents were very straight forward about the whole sexuality thing (I had that purple "where babies come from" book) so it was always known by me to be a vagina. I was really into the Letter People back then (the puppets in the shapes of letters). Now I don't remember this, but my mom tells me that one day I was running around the house naked saying "v is for vagina" and laying down and making a V with my legs.
• Virginia. That is what I still like to call her sometimes.
• kooter and kootchie
• cauchy pronounced (caughtchee)
• This is my work email, so I must decline to participate.
• I don't remember having a name for it however my Aunt Eleanor called it a "Sally" which creeps me out even to this day!! Where the hell she came up with that I will never know. She would tell me to "go piddle" and wipe my "Sally". Scary!! Thank goodness my mother was normal!


There you have it. Eighteen male and seventeen female responses. Not the most popular FLASH QUIZ. Which goes to show you that some things ARE sacred.

© 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are your neighbors giving you sideways glances?