Tuesday, January 31, 2006

School's out! School's out! Teachers let the Monkeys out!

At exactly the same time this morning - 8:16 (+1GMT) - the cell phone and the land line rang. I had only been out of bed for 2 minutes. Confusion followed.

I answered the land line, assuming it was Douglas calling from Germany (he's there for work). Instead it was a husky sounding French woman. She blabbed on. My brain tried to figure out exactly where in Kansas we were. 'French,' I deduced. "Pardon?" I said. She repeated herself. "Oui, c'est Tyrus," I said. It was my French teacher Charlotte. She has the flu and was cancelling class. I may have said "Merci!" too robustly.

Then I checked the voicemail on my cell phone. The teacher I work with on Tuesdays - Rachel - was calling to say "stay in bed, I have a doctor's appointment today."

It's like Saturday all over again. But without the hangover.

I am now fully awake. What should I do with my day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are your neighbors giving you sideways glances?