Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Le Champollion

Boulevard Gambetta

I met up with Leena and Nisha at this quiet cafe on one of Grenoble's primary avenues. Eve also joined us.

Leena was in a superhero mood, so we discussed which heroes we identify with. Nisha said the Star Spangled Kid, I was in a Wildcat mood, and Leena picked the busty Power Girl. Eve had no opinion.

Then after I recounted a story of being misunderstood at a bakery yesterday Leena made the statement: "Why do you Americans always speak with an American accent, no matter what language you're speaking?" Nisha laughed, suggesting that she either wondered the same thing or that she thought the question had no merit.

Leena drank a grand cafe creme, Nisha a petit noir, and I had a grand cafe. Eve had just finished coffee with Lauren, so she sat quietly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm more of a Marvel Comic fan myself. I like the X-Men. Specifically Mistique or Psyche.

    ReplyDelete

Are your neighbors giving you sideways glances?