Friday, March 31, 2006

Le Provence/ Cafe Noir/ Le Touring Hotel

rue Gabriel Peri/ Blvd. Jean Jaures/ Blvd. Alsace-Lorraine

I was planning to meet Vincent after 5 for a drink. But when I got to school and found the front gate barricaded and a handful of students picketing outside I had a hunch that my classroom was going to be empty. Again. So, I called him up and we bumped the rendezvous to 3:30 and arranged to meet at the Cy Bar.

But, in addition to not having sidewalk service, they were closed. So, we moved to Le Provence and sat in the sun. Vincent ordered a "citron" (water with a dollop of lemon syrup) and I had an Orangina.

The sun proved to be too bright, so we drank and paid and moved on to Cafe Noir. Their west facing sidewalk tables were full, so we sat indoors. I had a noisette and Vincent switched to a "menthe" (water with a dollop of mint syrup).

We discussed the latest developments in the student strikes and made predictions about the President's upcoming speech. Then we moved on to the post office before it closed at 5.

Which is when Leena called with the suggestion to grab a coffee. Not ones to turn down the opportunity, Vincent and I agreed to meet Leena and Nisha at the Touring Hotel. Where he switched back to a citron and Leena and I had noisettes. Nisha refrained from drinking.

And then we played cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are your neighbors giving you sideways glances?