Monday, March 06, 2006

Le Touring Hotel

Avenue Alsace-Lorraine

After school today I headed to my new favorite seedy cafe. However, when I got there I embarrassed myself by trying to enter through a window (it looked like a door, I swear!). So I headed up the street to the old stand-by Touring Hotel.

Today the bar was full with a table of three cigar smoking older gentlemen, another 70+ gent reading a newspaper and drinking a beer, two French yuppies (fruppies?) drinking Coca-Cola, two more young men across the room who might be deaf but were probably just telling a great story, and two women wearing very smart glasses and haircuts sitting near the window.

I was alone in the non-smoking section, which was full of smoke from all the above mentioned people. When I sat down the waiter reminded me that I was in the non-smoking section. I couldn't tell if he was telling me because I didn't look like a non-smoker, or because he didn't want to have to harrass me if I did light up.

I had a petit noir, and then went to the supermarket.

© 2006

1 comment:

Are your neighbors giving you sideways glances?