Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Coronet

Spent New Year's Eve at Serenity Now in Greenport.  As always, it was a relaxing weekend of over-eating and lounging around in sweat pants.

The morning of the 1st, four of us took an impromptu dip in Peconic Bay's frigid waters.  My participation can be attributed to equal parts peer pressure, face saving, and the failure of better judgement.  2010 could be the year I realize my judgement isn't necessarily better.  I hope this becomes an annual tradition.  My toes have forgiven me and the shrinkage was temporary (although a shocking sight later when I jumped in the shower to wash off the salt water).

The morning of the 2nd, Kelly invited us to join her for yoga.  Meer, Luswin, and I accepted.  Being a holiday weekend, we were the only four in the class.  The studio was a converted meeting space on the second floor of Greenport's masonic lodge.  Truly a beautiful space with a large fire place and frescoed ceiling and large windows.  I enjoyed sweating there.

After the workout, we were joined by the others for breakfast at this Front Street institution.  The wait staff kept us alert and the coffee was hot too.  Meer and I shared a ranchero and Greek omelets.

Afterwards, we went back to the house and played a few hands of Facebook Scrabble (cuz, why play facing each other across a board?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are your neighbors giving you sideways glances?